Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Ingot54

To Arm or to Disarm.

Two stories and the media response

There would have been plenty of opportunity for any of

the cafeteria’s customers or employees to return fire. None did

because none of them were armed. Texas law forbids private citizens

from carrying firearms out of their home or business.

The Basics Of Texas Gun Laws

Q: How long is the waiting period to buy a Handgun / Shotgun / Rifle in Texas?

A: There is no waiting period for purchasing a firearm in the state of Texas.

Q: I just moved to Texas, do I have to register my firearms?

A: No, there is no state registration of firearms.

Q: I just inherited / bought a gun from someone in Texas, do I need to transfer the gun to my name?

A: No, there is no state registration of firearms, thus there is no requirement transfer the firearm in your name.

Q: What is required to purchase a firearm in the state of Texas?

A: You will need a valid state-issued ID. Many FFLs will not sell to out-of-state residents. This is due to the FFL's requirement to uphold your resident state's gun laws, and the inherient complexity associated with many states.

Q: Can I carry a firearm on my person?

A: Yes, with proper licensing (Concealed Handgun License) you may carry a pistol or revolver on your person so long as it remains concealed. Long guns (rifles / shotguns) do not have to be concealed, but must be carried in a manner not calculated to cause alarm, and do not require a license.

Q: Can I strap a gun on my hip in Texas?

A: No, with some exceptions. Open carry is not legal in Texas, but you may open carry on your own property, in the commission of a sporting activity (competition, shooting ranges, etc.), and while engaged in hunting.

Q: Can I carry a firearm in my vehicle?

A: Yes. With the passage of the Motorist Protection Act you may now readibly carry handguns, loaded and within reach, so long as you conceal the firearm. Long guns (rifles / shotguns) do not have to be concealed and may be loaded and within reach.

Q: Are machine guns / suppressors / short-barreled firearms, etc. legal in the state of Texas?

A: Yes. All NFA rules apply. See this FAQ for more info regarding Class III / Title II items.

Q: Are "assault weapons" banned in Texas?

A: No. Texas abides by Federal law which at this time has no restrictions on so-called "assault weapons" such as semi-auto AR15, FAL, G3 / HK91 rifles.

Q: Is there a limit on the number of rounds a magazine may hold?

A: No. The only limit on magazines in Texas is the number of rounds you are physically able to cram into the thing and/or carry and/or afford.

In a state with such lax gun laws, there is a very great likelihood that someone in that establishment had a gun.There is also the possibility that the someone with a gun was afraid to use it. Just because someone owns and or carries a gun, does not mean that he or she will be able to use it when the time comes.

So I guess that makes it three stories. :) Thanks for providing a truer, fairer picture.

If only others would do the same.

A: There is no waiting period for purchasing a firearm in the state of Texas.

Q: I just moved to Texas, do I have to register my firearms?

A: No, there is no state registration of firearms.

Q: I just inherited / bought a gun from someone in Texas, do I need to transfer the gun to my name?

A: No, there is no state registration of firearms, thus there is no requirement transfer the firearm in your name.

Q: What is required to purchase a firearm in the state of Texas?

A: You will need a valid state-issued ID. Many FFLs will not sell to out-of-state residents. This is due to the FFL's requirement to uphold your resident state's gun laws, and the inherient complexity associated with many states.

Q: Can I carry a firearm on my person?

A: Yes, with proper licensing (Concealed Handgun License) you may carry a pistol or revolver on your person so long as it remains concealed. Long guns (rifles / shotguns) do not have to be concealed, but must be carried in a manner not calculated to cause alarm, and do not require a license.

Q: Can I strap a gun on my hip in Texas?

A: No, with some exceptions. Open carry is not legal in Texas, but you may open carry on your own property, in the commission of a sporting activity (competition, shooting ranges, etc.), and while engaged in hunting.

Q: Can I carry a firearm in my vehicle?

A: Yes. With the passage of the Motorist Protection Act you may now readibly carry handguns, loaded and within reach, so long as you conceal the firearm. Long guns (rifles / shotguns) do not have to be concealed and may be loaded and within reach.

Q: Are machine guns / suppressors / short-barreled firearms, etc. legal in the state of Texas?

A: Yes. All NFA rules apply. See this FAQ for more info regarding Class III / Title II items.

Q: Are "assault weapons" banned in Texas?

A: No. Texas abides by Federal law which at this time has no restrictions on so-called "assault weapons" such as semi-auto AR15, FAL, G3 / HK91 rifles.

Q: Is there a limit on the number of rounds a magazine may hold?

A: No. The only limit on magazines in Texas is the number of rounds you are physically able to cram into the thing and/or carry and/or afford.

In a state with such lax gun laws, there is a very great likelihood that someone in that establishment had a gun.There is also the possibility that the someone with a gun was afraid to use it. Just because someone owns and or carries a gun, does not mean that he or she will be able to use it when the time comes.

that is grasping at straws. i think most any reasonably sane person that had gun in that situation would have used it. the fact is there is no evidence anyone had a gun. if you had a gun and you were there would you have let him continued to openly and unrestrained shoot and kill people? i doubt any gun ban would have worked to have stopped the perpetrator. but say someone did have a gun and used it and stopped him then what would you say? i think we both know.

So I guess that makes it three stories. :) Thanks for providing a truer, fairer picture.

If only others would do the same.

LOL you liberals can close your sweet little eyes to the truth and the obvious to hang onto your deceptions and delusions. your ivory tower BS simply will not work in the real world. but if it would then i would be willing for the country to give it a shot. But everywhere they have tried it it never worked but that doesn't seem to faze you guys in the least. the truth apparently doesn't matter to your crowd just your ideas, concepts, and desire for control. liberals arent about liberation. they are about control. and they don't seem to have the capacity to even perchance take a peek beyond that window. there are many many more stories of guns saving lives than destroying them. as a matter of fact your ass is sitting somewhere, hopefully comfortable, in the USA because of someone willing to take up arms and defend people like you.

I will agree that as a sane American citizen, I would like to have the option of owning a gun. Shooting is fun. I would never carry one for protection, and in my home I would sooner grab a bat, golf club, fireplace tool, hookeroon, or butcher knife if my alarm did not scare them away. A gun is too much of an accident waiting to happen to allow it to be readily available in a home with multiple inhabitants and visiting family, and or friends.

If someone took your gun from your home and committed murder, you should be held responsible for allowing the gun to be made available. It it was steal-able, then it was not properly secured

now guns are fun eh? but not useful for protection eh? you don't mind beating someones brains out with a golf club or de-gutting them with a butcher knife but be it far from you to harm them with a gun.

a car too is an accident waiting to happen. you gonna stop driving it or taking any of your family members for a car ride? if someone steals your car and causes a wreck and someone dies then you should be held responsible for making you car available? maybe the gov should mandate every home have a lockable garage with alarm and an armed guard standing nearby. but wait that wouldn't work cause guns are banned.

that is fine if you don't want guns in your home or even if you don't want to drive a car but don't try and mandate that the rest of the population believe or think as you do. your logic will break down everytime. remember with liberals it is about control and dictating.

that is grasping at straws. i think most any reasonably sane person that had gun in that situation would have used it. the fact is there is no evidence anyone had a gun. if you had a gun and you were there would you have let him continued to openly and unrestrained shoot and kill people? i doubt any gun ban would have worked to have stopped the perpetrator. but say someone did have a gun and used it and stopped him then what would you say? i think we both know.

Lot's of people sit idly while their spouse or girl friend gets raped. They could fight to the death but don't because they are afraid. So, if someone is afraid to die trying to protect their spouse, why wouldn't they be afraid to shoot back if they had a gun?

Not everyone has the guts to shoot someone even in self defense. Don't kid yourself just because you think you can.

now guns are fun eh? but not useful for protection eh? you don't mind beating someones brains out with a golf club or de-gutting them with a butcher knife but be it far from you to harm them with a gun.

a car too is an accident waiting to happen. you gonna stop driving it or taking any of your family members for a car ride? if someone steals your car and causes a wreck and someone dies then you should be held responsible for making you car available? maybe the gov should mandate every home have a lockable garage with alarm and an armed guard standing nearby. but wait that wouldn't work cause guns are banned.

that is fine if you don't want guns in your home or even if you don't want to drive a car but don't try and mandate that the rest of the population believe or think as you do. your logic will break down everytime. remember with liberals it is about control and dictating.

You miss the point. I don't have guns in my house because I am afraid of an accident occurring. If I had a gun in my house that was easily accessible, I would choose the gun over the club. But, since I would have guns stored away, it would be faster and simpler for me to grab a club than to get the key to unlock the cabinet to get the gun.

And if someone takes your car and kills someone in some states you are responsible even if you are not driving and even if you did not give permission to the driver.

More guns = more death. I think that only a few will argue against that. You turn it into a liberal conservative issue. Doing so is generally the frustrated response of a conservative or a liberal who has no facts.

Lot's of people sit idly while their spouse or girl friend gets raped. They could fight to the death but don't because they are afraid. So, if someone is afraid to die trying to protect their spouse, why wouldn't they be afraid to shoot back if they had a gun?

Not everyone has the guts to shoot someone even in self defense. Don't kid yourself just because you think you can.

they are a coward then. i wouldn't give a hoot in hell or the time of day to a man that sits by and does nothing while his wife or girlfriend gets raped. i wasnt raised that way i didn't raise my children that way. on more than one occasion my son has stepped in and stopped such nonsense. one time he drove around 5 hours on dirt rode in a 4x4 into a village in the jungles of mexico arriving there near dawn..driving his vehicle into a mud hit where some indians had a mexican friend of his beaten and unable to walk. he knocked a hole in the wall with the 4x4 picked his friend up put him in the 4x4 and drove off with indians (leftist communistic) chasing him. all because the police and other friends were too damn scared to do anything about it. sure he was afraid but he allowed courage to rise above his fear.

def coward:

a person who lacks courage in facing danger, difficulty, opposition, pain, etc

nobody says you won't feel fear but courage is rising above that fear instead of caving in to it to save your own hide. nobody says you have to be foolhardy but you have to do something.

Edited by Patuca

You turn it into a liberal conservative issue. Doing so is generally the frustrated response of a conservative or a liberal who has no facts.
BS the problem is the liberals won't take an honest look at the facts. And the hardline people to the right also have tunnel vision. there is a medium ground. there is such a thing as balance. but when something doesn't work or doesn't help it shouldn't be babied and pampered and sweetalked. the root cause of alot of the BS isn't guns, it is the way people were raised..mental sickness..and at times... just the devil in people...we have a society that if they don't get just what they want, when they want it, they will make others pay for their displeasure. they have never had any real restraint taught and modeled for them. no courage demonstrated to them. no wholesome values and principles instilled in them. i see this happen on the highways..in lines in the airport...etc. even in public restrooms i don't know the times i have seen men come in take a crap or a piss and walk straight out without washing their hands. no care or concern about others or spreading sickness or disease. no care for their fellow man. i am telling you it is a sickness deep in the society everybody wants to do just what they want to do, regardless. well not everybody. thank goodness there are still some folks that see things different.

actually tams i get the feeling you may be an american immigrated to AU??? if not please don't go into a tirade about not being a bloody american. i am just asking.

I was never an American citizen, but I have traveled and lived in the States. I have participated in joint exercises with the American military and the NATO forces. I understand guns and the gun culture.

they are a coward then. i wouldn't give a hoot in hell or the time of day to a man that sits by and does nothing while his wife or girlfriend gets raped. i wasnt raised that way i didn't raise my children that way. on more than one occasion my son has stepped in and stopped such nonsense. one time he drove around 5 hours on dirt rode in a 4x4 into a village in the jungles of mexico arriving there near dawn..driving his vehicle into a mud hit where some indians had a mexican friend of his beaten and unable to walk. he knocked a hole in the wall with the 4x4 picked his friend up put him in the 4x4 and drove off with indians (leftist communistic) chasing him. all because the police and other friends were too damn scared to do anything about it. sure he was afraid but he allowed courage to rise above his fear.

def coward:

a person who lacks courage in facing danger, difficulty, opposition, pain, etc

nobody says you won't feel fear but courage is rising above that fear instead of caving in to it to save your own hide. nobody says you have to be foolhardy but you have to do something.

MM said "Not everyone has the guts to shoot someone even in self defense. Don't kid yourself just because you think you can. "

It's important here to add Don't kid yourself just because you think you can't. .

The whole point of To Arm (instead of to Disarm) is to keep your choices available... instead of previously giving your options up in fear anticipating the conflict of such a moment, or fear that you might hurt an innocent in the process, or cause something worse than what would have happened had the perp just been allowed to complete his or her deeds (...or that a drug addict might steal your gun and do bad things with it, or that it's a police matter... and the ongoing rapidly deteriorating list of why's to Disarm...)...

Distasteful YES but I'm advising all us to take the responsibility to be prepared...

To Arm...

and yes - to arm in the face of not knowing before or during what you might be capable of doing when and if such a moment arises. etc.

“Better to be a warrior in the garden, than a gardener in the war”

“Better to be a warrior ...

:haha:

Easier said than done sitting behind a computer keyboard.

Ever heard either expression, "There are no atheists in a foxhole"? Or "bend over and kiss your ass goodbye"?

see how it is really about control and virtually nothing else?

Feinstein on video: I packed heat

she is apparently going to try and introduce the toughest gun control legislation but carries herself, or at least used to? maybe she changed her mind? i doubt it.

why don't gun control people just vote her in for president?

Great to be back from Christmas break in the South Pacific. No hurry to get back to trading though. I see this thread is still alive and well. Oh well, the lib-nuts won't ever give up until all our liberties are taken away.

By the way, according to the FBI, hammers and clubs kill more people each year than rifles. Shouldn't we banned those too?

Article:

FBI: More People Killed with Hammers, Clubs Each Year than Rifles

SchumerHammerAP.jpg

Great to be back from Christmas break in the South Pacific. No hurry to get back to trading though. I see this thread is still alive and well. Oh well, the lib-nuts won't ever give up until all our liberties are taken away.

By the way, according to the FBI, hammers and clubs kill more people each year than rifles. Shouldn't we banned those too?

Article:

SchumerHammerAP.jpg

maybe instead of an outright ban on hammers the liberals could just ask for a size reduction. say can't weigh over 2 ounces and can't be over 6" long??

Article:

SchumerHammerAP.jpg

Keep the ideas rolling. Your forefathers want it that way.

Article:

SchumerHammerAP.jpg

A better stat would be the number of accidental deaths from hammers as compared to the accidental shootings by guns.

Most hammer deaths are intentional. Most deaths by guns are accidental. You'll have a tough time computing this one since it almost sounds like I am agreeing with you.

A better stat would be the number of accidental deaths from hammers as compared to the accidental shootings by guns.

Most hammer deaths are intentional. Most deaths by guns are accidental. You'll have a tough time computing this one since it almost sounds like I am agreeing with you.

:doh:

:rofl: