Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

forexlady101

Where to Go? Manual or Automatic Platforms?

Hey everybody,

I'm new to this and I guess i'm the definition of this forum section: wnat to star trading and don't know how to start".

I see a lot of automatic platfom advertising, Zulu, Eltoro, Ninja, Tradecopier...

What you guys think of those? Is that a way to go for a newbie?

Thanks a lot

I would start with a discretionary trading platform, mainly because if you dont understand how or why this element of it works, then understanding how or why an automated system works might be a lot more difficult.

Then use automation to replicate a successful discretionary strategy. :2c:

I would start with a discretionary trading platform, mainly because if you dont understand how or why this element of it works, then understanding how or why an automated system works might be a lot more difficult.

Then use automation to replicate a successful discretionary strategy. :2c:

Not sure if the OP is referring to purchasing or leasing a platform, but you do have a point Siuya. I think sierra chart is still one of the cheapest paid charting platforms where you can get free historical data. Judging by the username of OP, then they will probably be dealing with Metatrader 4/5, which is free to the end user anyway.

Honestly, i don't know how in this day and age how a charting platform would not come with some kind of programming language and be competitive. Too many "free" platforms or low cost platforms already do "charting-only" well.

Additionally, there is a tool called ForexTester which would allow you to practice over the weekend with replay (best to have tick historical data). I think openEcry has something similar, but you can only go back 1-3 weeks. Better than nothing :)

Thanks guys, that makes sense!

And what about signal providers and EA, can we trust on the "top 100 charts" we can find in those sites (etoro, tradecopier, whatever)?

Thanks

It's up to you to evaluate and make decisions.

Thanks.

I know that is up to me, I was just asking the terms to make a decision, ways of better evaluating experts. For instance, not following traders with less than six month trading seems smart, won't you think?

Anyway, I'm trying tradecopier demo and doing so-so for the time being...