Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

datadaddy

Market Profile Calculation Tools

There a lots of options. It depends on whether you are willing to pay for a platform, which data/platform you already have if any, if you want to watch it real time. Give me some details then I'll suggest some options for you.

ok, thanks !!

I have ThinkOrSwim (TOS) platform access at TD-Ameritrade

I also use OptionsHouse platform, but that is primarily options tools, so I have my doubts...

To start I'm primarily interested in next day

I am also a software engineer and would be interested in options for accessing the needed data to develop something, using either free end of day data, or inexpensive end of day and possibly real time data

thanks again, datadaddy

I think with TD Ameritrade you can connect to Ninjatrader with is totally free but you will need to do programming(or pay for an add-on) or the one I'd go for is Sierrachart which already has very nice profile tools built in plus I think the programming is meant to be good on it too. The only thing is, sierra with MP (plus loads more) is $45 a month but they do a 1month free trial. Ninja is free but you wouldn't be able to live trade through it unless you went through your broker(not sure if you could with your setup).

Is there a list of known tools/apps/platforms that calculate Market Profile ?

I am new to the list and looking for a way to watch day to day while I learn

Hi DD

I use market profile software from Final - Home

It is very reasonably priced and does the job. It has the capabilities of much more expensive software. I will post a snap of what it appears like. I use the free version of Ninja Trader powered for futures through my futures broker Mirus [powered by Zen-fire] at no cost. I also use Trade Station to power NT for my forex trading. Trade Station is now a free platform for forex trading with a small amount to open an account. Check the NT site out and see if your broker appears on this page NinjaTrader stock, futures and forex charting software and online trading platform. Support. if so then it would be able to provide data for you at no expense.

Here is a url to click on to view couple shots of my MP

2012-01-04_1331 - slick60's library TPO counts in various sessions of EURUSD

2012-01-05_1149 - slick60's library EURUSD ending European session and into the U.S. session

2011-12-31_1100 - slick60's library a split profile using 15 minute periods to demonstrate the formation of a "W" and when the Market Maker makes his move

these will give you some idea of the capability of the software. It is all about understanding market generated information and how to use it. Jim Dalton really is the best source of basic instruction that I have found. A lot of work involved.

slick