Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Splint

Tradestation - Format Symbol - Price Scale?

Hello fellow traders,

I'm just setting up Tradestation 9 using 3rd party data. When I get to the part of formatting the symbol there is an option for price scale. If I understand correctly, 1/100 should be used if the tick size is 1 cent.

I'm a little unsure about what to do with the CRB Index which according to some info my data provider gave me the tick size is 0.05, because the options are 1/10 and 1/100. Ideally I would use 1/20 but there is no option for that.

Should I just set it at 1/100?

Thanks

Splint

Thanks

Splint

In the Help info, it defines the Price Scale as the precision to which a security trades. So even it the tick size is 0.05, it's still trading at a 0.01 precision.

I would leave it at 1/100. I think that the tick size is something different. Look under the 'Scaling' tab of the Format Symbol box. That allows you to set the tick size. There is a 'Custom Axis Increment'. If the tick size is 0.05, then set the 'Custom Axis Increment' to 0.05.

The data coming in will probably be automatically formatted to the correct tick size. If whatever the symbol is, trades in a tick size of 0.05, I don't see how or why you would get data coming in at 1 cent increments.

You just need the price axis to be displaying increments that make it easy to determine what the current price is.

Hello fellow traders,

I'm just setting up Tradestation 9 using 3rd party data. When I get to the part of formatting the symbol there is an option for price scale. If I understand correctly, 1/100 should be used if the tick size is 1 cent.

I'm a little unsure about what to do with the CRB Index which according to some info my data provider gave me the tick size is 0.05, because the options are 1/10 and 1/100. Ideally I would use 1/20 but there is no option for that.

Thanks

Splint

you mean you have a pirated copy of TS9?