Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Here's the question that I still wrestle with... I have a target down below as you know I see evidence I am going to get rotation against my position. Of course I do not know how far.. I suspect it will rotae for some stops but as we know it can just not get that far and then continue down...

Soo... there lies the rub... Hold for the long ball & risk B/E or bail, like I did and see if we rotate and look to position higher or after the stops are popped... of course no guarantee either will happen...NO GUARANTEE !! :crap:

EDIt: Well, we just hit my target @ 99.00 soooooo... :crap:

Edited by roztom

I'm sure you have a good reason for picking a level to go long at that level... WOuld you mind sharing Why? Tx

Tom - not sure it's a really good reason, but I chose 1400, based on the past trend of how hard it was to get above 1400. I suppose I'm trying some psychology here, so we'll see. I imagine if we break below 1400, then we'll see the levels you and Josh are speaking of. However, if we stay above the 1400 level, then my 8-ball says we'll make our way back up towards the 1407-08 level for the afternoon.

My stops are in place and I am prepared to change my mind if the market says so...

For now, I covered at 1400 and switched ... can I borrow your helmet?

CYP

Update: Psychology out the window :) sold for -1.5 pt loss and now watching...

Edited by CYP

Tom - not sure it's a really good reason, but I chose 1400, based on the past trend of how hard it was to get above 1400. I suppose I'm trying some psychology here, so we'll see. I imagine if we break below 1400, then we'll see the levels you and Josh are speaking of. However, if we stay above the 1400 level, then my 8-ball says we'll make our way back up towards the 1407-08 level for the afternoon.

My stops are in place and I am prepared to change my mind if the market says so...

For now, I covered at 1400 and switched ... can I borrow your helmet?

CYP

I suggest we buy them in bulk and give them to everyone who posts here... and actually trades... I also need something for my stomach since I occasionally throw up on my keyboard.. :angry:

haha! Those lines are unwelcome guests!!

I am out of my long at 1400, swimming upstream so far today.

Well I bailed on my short and left 2.75 pts on my last 1/3 on the table... GRRR ..I'm SOOO smart...:crap:

97.75 is open close.. then 94.25

Well I bailed on my short and left 2.75 pts on my last 1/3 on the table... GRRR ..I'm SOOO smart...:crap:

97.75 is open close..

Wtf is an open close? Lol our language must be confusing to someone reading it for the first time! :rofl:

I have warm fuzzies about this long. I did not have warm fuzzies about the other. Let's see if my warm fuzzy is a good indicator.

I predict a little "dicking around" down here, but given the location I like this for a move back up to 1407--maybe not even today but I see this as a good local bottom.

Had 2/3 position on, scaled 50% +2.25pts...since I took a stop on my previous this is not going to do much to get me back to where I was before this depending on rotation there might be more in this especially if we can consolidate going into lunch... This is typically when we get counter-rotation for potential continuation rotations wiht the current daily trend... (maybe not today? That was strong Selling..ACH)

My stop B/E on last 50%... Clueless as usual... :missy:

We have some singles in here & a lvn @ 99.00 & some stops 1400.00 area...mid-point 1400.75... I will be looking to pull the plug on this up in that area... just me..My personal theory is what will attract the market to do business..it is where the paper is on the other side..of course I might be hullucinating... :helloooo:

IMHO this is a stand in front of the train trade..but ACH - right? Getting long was like catching a falling knife - OH!! look there's blood coming out of my P&L... :doh:

Edited by roztom

Wtf is an open close? Lol our language must be confusing to someone reading it for the first time! :rofl:

CLoses that have not been closed from Gaps..just me: Not sure what to call them.

I see them as obstacles since at some point there was agreement on price at that location... and the market needs to come back and test them... :2c:

Flat 95.25 but waiting to see how this plays... hope nobody thinks I have a clue because I don't..

If we happen to break..I will be looking for a long at the 92.00 area... if we get there... otherwise Hail To The Longs...

Edited by roztom

GOt long 93.00 not euphoric at the moment but if this is any good that would be a spot to step in front of it.... :confused:

These trades are very high risk but can also be very profitable... My first target is the stops at 97.75 this will be a clueless trade unless/until we get up to that area, IMHO.

This is my last shot at a long...

Edited by roztom

My fuzzies have cooled down a bit, but still holding the 95.

Where would you dump this thing?

They haven't let up yet -hopefully soon... We do have Delta trying to turn here... but let's everyone press the Green Button... Please...

Where would you dump this thing?

90.50 is my stop -- 87.00 is almost guaranteed IMO if we break the 91..

This is not a good day or trade for me btw, just trying to manage the bleeding today.

90.50 is my stop -- 87.00 is almost guaranteed IMO if we break the 91..

This is not a good day or trade for me btw, just trying to manage the bleeding today.

Well if this trade fails -I'll be right there with you.. This trade will determine plus or minus for the day... and these are not high probability especially since we seem to hanging down here... Got to hope some shorts want to ring the register but they don't seem too anxious at the moment...

If this bum gets going I am looking for 97.75 and I will gladly leave the rest for someone else - assuming we get there - which I am not assuming at the moment...

BTW: the 97.75 is where all the close stops will be piled up so I see that as an attractor..after that it can keep going but that IMHO is the high probability target...of course - clueless...

Edited by roztom

Given the excess below and strong push up into balance, I am moving my stop to 93. It should not come back that far if it is to go higher. Next MAJOR resistance is 1405 IMO (*I mean above current balance, high of which is 97ish*). Maybe I have my bull-colored glasses on but we will see.

Given the excess below and strong push up into balance, I am moving my stop to 93. It should not come back that far if it is to go higher. Next MAJOR resistance is 1405 IMO. Maybe I have my bull-colored glasses on but we will see.

From your lips to the Trading God's Ears... :doh:

97.00 some Res & 95ish some support...

Edited by roztom