Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

BTW: He owns one of those fast Cigarette boats and owns several race cars -Type "A" personality... he stands at a podium when he trades... He has a warehouse where he has the largest monitors available up on the walls 54" or something... 6 of them and the fastest technology. He also has a fulltime assistant to handle his orders, etc...

He is a VP guy also...

I'm always curious, what platform and data feed does a guy like that use?

And I hope his assistant is rather plain looking; no distractions needed when throwing around 50 cars... :D

I really do like the idea of standing at a podium, I think that's a fantastic way to biologically "force" the body to keep focus.

I'm always curious, what platform and data feed does a guy like that use?

And I hope his assistant is rather plain looking; no distractions needed when throwing around 50 cars... :D

I really do like the idea of standing at a podium, I think that's a fantastic way to biologically "force" the body to keep focus.

His assistant is a guy...a former floor trader also that he employs..

He trades IRT.. I think he uses IQ Feed but his investment in infrastucture was signifigent... he has redundant backup systems.. And I think a dedicated T1 or T3..whichever is fastest.. he is all about his orders getting there faster than the other guy..

I use a carrier pidgeon..

YOu'lll notice they didn't tick the 94.50 - they got to 94.75... 2 possibilities:

1. Buyers are a bit more aggressive or shorts playing the rotation had orders before that Sw Low... & covered..

2. I always feel better about being long on these rotations if they would test 94.50 & tick it... then the paper would be pretty much out of there & I would "suspect" a genuine move up...

Since it didn't happen then that area is still vulnerable especially over lunch if we don't get going..

If I was not long that would be the ideal spot for me to look to position . as you guys have seen me do quite often... just something I see over & over...

2 ways to look at it: How can the other guy lose $, where would it most likely happen near an extreme..where would the paper be sitting..just my "logic."

but as Josh says ACH...

His assistant is a guy...a former floor trader also that he employs..

He trades IRT.. I think he uses IQ Feed but his investment in infrastucture was signifigent... he has redundant backup systems.. And I think a dedicated T1 or T3..whichever is fastest.. he is all about his orders getting there faster than the other guy..

I use a carrier pidgeon..

Well, unless he's very near the exchange, and running HFT algos, then I doubt his orders getting there a few ms quicker are going to matter much but to each his own... I do understand the importance though of internet reliability, as I had a multi-month span during the second half of last year where my connection was awful, and not suitable for trading, which was eventually fixed. I traded through it and it taught me to appreciate it when it works flawlessly, as it has been since December.

Well, unless he's very near the exchange, and running HFT algos, then I doubt his orders getting there a few ms quicker are going to matter much but to each his own... I do understand the importance though of internet reliability, as I had a multi-month span during the second half of last year where my connection was awful, and not suitable for trading, which was eventually fixed. I traded through it and it taught me to appreciate it when it works flawlessly, as it has been since December.

I may be mistaken what he runs for internet but he had trunk lines put in..I think he spent $100K to put his trading Wall together.. + build out his trading space.. It is really an amazing site..he is very secretive about what he does... I can say I am very similar in my way of seeing the market.. Our charts are very similar..also he watches market action..just sense of smell...that is what I do..I don't wait for indicators only after I'm in the trade I "hope" the indicators confirm..then I figure others will come in behind me... (hopefully) of course when I get fooled I pay for the priledge of donating tho the floor traders retirement fund..

He comes from the floor, he was a local in S&P pit I think for 10yrs so he is comfortable with trading the size for quick hits... unlike me who was always a screen trader and grew up on positions... it is interesting how it is hard to stray from your roots...

Back in 2000 - 2001 when I was daytrading NQ exclusively then I was much more aggressive trading the swings...the range during the .COM bust was amazing..also it would trend all day... All you had to do was get short... Those were the good old days.

Being realistic, my focus is not as sharp as it was 12 years ago and I experience it every day..that is another reason I have slowed down my trading and sit in a position like this today..If we had ticked that numner 94.25 i would have added & I waited all morning but we shall see...

Also the DVPOC is going to shift so we may get more downside rotation to my area..of course I don't want a Neutral day out of htis but ACH... :confused:

Edited by roztom

Our charts are very similar

Speaking of which I've never seen your chart before! Don't post if you don't like but I always find it fascinating how people can have so many different views of the same thing :)

Also the DVPOC is going to shift so we may get more downside rotation to my area..of course I don't want a Neutral day out of htis but ACH... :confused:

I don't see a vpoc shift in this context as significant. It's just one blob of activity, 94 to 98. A shift in here means much less than if the market were to break out to around 1400, and then rotate there for a while, and get a shift there.

Everybody got the popcorn popping and your seat ready for Ben's lecture series at GWU in 15 mins?? :D Actually it may be interesting from an academic point of view anyway.

Thanks for reminding me... I "forgot" to put it up on my board.. that is the kind of lack of focus that will kill you...

The structure is currently still friendly to the upside but he could screw it up...

Of course he is "supporting" the incumbent so I don't think he wants to screw up but the market is overdue for a real correction so this could be a catalyst for a Neutral / Long Liquidation... GRRR : ACH:helloooo:

Speaking of which I've never seen your chart before! Don't post if you don't like but I always find it fascinating how people can have so many different views of the same thing :)

I don't see a vpoc shift in this context as significant. It's just one blob of activity, 94 to 98. A shift in here means much less than if the market were to break out to around 1400, and then rotate there for a while, and get a shift there.

I was refering to my friends charts... we use very similar stuff..he also uses composites, etc... I have more stuff on my charts Multiple periodocity to get they key stuff all in one place since I have had to compensate for my loss of focus having 4 monitors , 5 charts + MP/VP..

Thanks for reminding me... I "forgot" to put it up on my board.. that is the kind of lack of focus that will kill you...

The structure is currently still friendly to the upside but he could screw it up...

Of course he is "supporting" the incumbent so I don't think he wants to screw up but the market is overdue for a real correction so this could be a catalyst for a Neutral / Long Liquidation... GRRR : ACH:helloooo:

It is just a lecture series, and I highly doubt he will say anything market-moving, monetary policy related. This is meant, to my understanding, to be just an academic perspective, and will not contain anything newsworthy.

Josh/N: DO you guys use the alerts in IRT that will tell you when the VPOC is going to shift and then when it does shift?

If so, are they intermittent or do they work all the time?

t

I was actually looking at that the other day. I'd like to explore the different alarm options at some point, if not for ES or whatever I'm trading, for other products that are correlated but I can't watch as much.

BTW: While the profile looks ok the 15m bar chart looks like poop... the flag structure is going sideways which is bad .. I am pulling out to a longer timeframe for the bar chart... it looks nicer the longer you go..30m & 60 min...

Still a flag on the longer timeframes...

Maybe my buddy is right he'd be grabbing these rotations... I'm not awake yet...

BTW: While the profile looks ok the 15m bar chart looks like poop... the flag structure is going sideways which is bad .. I am pulling out to a longer timeframe for the bar chart... it looks nicer the longer you go..30m & 60 min...

Still a flag on the longer timeframes...

Maybe my buddy is right he'd be grabbing these rotations... I'm not awake yet...

It'll always look nice on one timeframe or another.

"Mr. Lind" has not but I sent him the chart definition for my most intensive chart..

It is possible that it is just my set up has too much stuff going on and the fact that my charts go back to capture the data for the composites is very intensive..might be all there is to it..but I know you guys do the same thing & Josh's set up is cool as a cucumber..

It'll always look nice on one timeframe or another.

The 60m is a very clean flag. projects to 1402 area... I typically don't look any further than the 15m but If I'm going to sit in a market for hours then I need to look at hours...

Back in the stoneage when I was writing trading systems I was very aggressive... I used 15m bars instead of daily..You had to go to data vendors and buy it in the timeframe you wanted... very expensive...

That is why I like 15m bars..back when I was doing the system design having 15m bars was :haha: "radical."

BTW: I also have a micro LVN 1402.25 & CLVN 1405.00 & CHVN 1404.25... and 1402.75 closing swing low.. a lot of stuff there. .

My memory alarm just went off at 404M

Edited by roztom

This pop up had the character of a stop run, and then one last ditch attempt to make it look real, but ultimately I think we will head back down. That's a bold statement but I will offer 99.50 to see if it's right or not.

This pop up had the character of a stop run, and then one last ditch attempt to make it look real, but ultimately I think we will head back down. That's a bold statement but I will offer 99.50 to see if it's right or not.

Bum... We need you to "Buy, Buy, Buy..Turn the machines back on, Turn the machines back on"... Trading Places..

CYP: How have you been? Haven't seen you lately...

Tom,

Ah, what timing you have!!! I have been in transition with my other job and am just getting settled into the new environment. However, I've been monitoring your guys' chats here and there but my focus has not been as "in-tune" as it should be. I continue to kick myself for trying to outsmart the market...when will I learn?

Currently long since 1392.75. Thinking we'll head towards the flat-line (not sure we'll make it). Plan to lock target at 1401 and prepare for reversal.

Thanks for asking and I still enjoy and appreciate all the banter and perspectives from you, Josh, and Negotiator...(and Steve46 whenever he pops in)...

Regards,

CYP

Tom,

Ah, what timing you have!!! I have been in transition with my other job and am just getting settled into the new environment. However, I've been monitoring your guys' chats here and there but my focus has not been as "in-tune" as it should be. I continue to kick myself for trying to outsmart the market...when will I learn?

Currently long since 1392.75. Thinking we'll head towards the flat-line (not sure we'll make it). Plan to lock target at 1401 and prepare for reversal.

Thanks for asking and I still enjoy and appreciate all the banter and perspectives from you, Josh, and Negotiator...(and Steve46 whenever he pops in)...

Regards,

CYP

Good to see you... Nice trade location... Good luck..