Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

MadMarketScientist

Forex Simulator for Beginners

Mad Market Scientist,

I have used investopedia's Forex simulator for some time now, and I always found it interesting that the delay in the data coming down to their simulator is near RT from Gain Capital. Excellent platform, charting isn't all that useful but when used in conjunction with a free charting package (or Aspen Graphics for myself), it's a great place to manually test strategies.

I was trying to think of some others, but all of the other one's I have used are pretty much a two week simulator at which point you need to sign up for a new account to get another simulator log in - kind of a bummer.

Mad Market Scientist,

I have used investopedia's Forex simulator for some time now, and I always found it interesting that the delay in the data coming down to their simulator is near RT from Gain Capital. Excellent platform, charting isn't all that useful but when used in conjunction with a free charting package (or Aspen Graphics for myself), it's a great place to manually test strategies.

I was trying to think of some others, but all of the other one's I have used are pretty much a two week simulator at which point you need to sign up for a new account to get another simulator log in - kind of a bummer.

Yes it is a pretty platform, especially considering it is purely web-based and requires no installation\broker signups\etc. I wish they would add some Advanced charting to it but maybe they will in time. I think their feed is actually from GAIN

MMS

I would suggest you learn the forex world: both by experimenting and doing your research. There are a lot of great resources for learning forex basics, particularly introductory slideshows on Slideshare. Once you have the basic understanding you can learn strategies at sites such as such Everestforex (great site, very friendly, gives you $100 real money to start with), also check out The Learn-Forex-Blog

online simulators are really good for quick experimenting with new strategies, although I don't think this is the way you should practice.

I prefer to use the same platform for training and real trading. this way I never get confused and always find the right tools without searching for something on a new toolbar, or apply indicators.

I trade on Metatrader4 and use the exclusive simulator for training purposes. It can be used with any broker and on any demo account...