Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

chrisleonard

Tradestation Scanner

Hi

I have my indicator setup perfect but i would now like to use scanner in tradestation.

I cant get it to work at all!

Here is the code that gives me the signal

if 
(system = 0 and Value1 > Value1[1] and Value2 > Value2[1] and barColor <> barColor[1]) or
   (system = 0 and Value1 > Value1[1] and Value2 > Value2[1] and barColorpl <> barColorpl[1]) 
then begin
Plot4(low,"long",pink); 

how can i mod this or get it to work in scanner to show me all stocks just fired this but no more than i candle past it?

Thanks

Can you post the whole code?

You can create an indicator, and once you select "new indicator" make sure that in the next window you check RadarScreen.

Any more explanation?

Lukas

add "and LASTBARONCHART" to the statement and then the scanner window will alert you when the last bar on a given chart (on close) equals your signal.

You'll have to make another indicator and save it as something different and use that version for your scanner, and the original for your charts.

Hi

That worked great KIND OF

basically i have done

if Scanner = 1 and LASTBARONCHART then

Plot27( 1, "Firing" )

else

Plot27( 0, "Firing" );

i have then said in the scanner

To scan for all stocks with Firing = 1

BUT

It just lists all stocks back!

Though on the chart i can see a line pointing to the correct entry where plot27 is

Any Ideas?

Thanks

I really would create a different indicator to use.... rather than trying to use the same one for the chart and radarscreen - also make sure that you have set the properties to calculate on close only so its not doing it intrabar and giving false signals.

Beyond that, its hard to really dissect the problem without all the code.