Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Money4me2take

Got a Quickie Question

Do I need to have the Software [ Trader Guider] in order to make VSA work for me, or just the concept.Looks like I can use Candlestick, in replacement of the bars?

Doesn't Candlestick gives a Truer representation on the sentiments of the Buyer and Seller?

Do I need to have the Software [ Trader Guider] in order to make VSA work for me, or just the concept.Looks like I can use Candlestick, in replacement of the bars?

Doesn't Candlestick gives a Truer representation on the sentiments of the Buyer and Seller?

If you read through the VSA threads, you would be able to answer the question for yourself if you need the software, or not. I don't think you need it, but only you can decide if you do. Software can simplify something for you once you understand the core and underlying concepts, but doesn't make it work for you. Screen time and learning do. There are no shortcuts.

Bar charts show you the open, close, high and low of the period. Candlestick charts show you the open, close, high and low of the period.

I'm warning all to not give CC# to TradeGuider or VSA club as they will never stop charging you. And refunds dont come... lots of talk but then I dont know why that happens is retort. I had to get visa involved and 3 months charges still havent been returned. Just FYI

I feel you need software that will place indicators, support/resistance and trend lines on the chart so you can see where the important VSA conditions exist. There is too much going on on a chart to be able to decide what condition exists. Drawing the support/resistance and trend lines would be hard to do. And the conditions that span a number of bars would be hard to see with the eye. Besides there are too many conditions to keep in mind as you trade, especially if you trade with intra day time frames.

There is a program being developed on Volume Spread Analysis and Trading Systems that provides a free charting program for AmiBroker. It is a work in progress. I am one of the programmers. To get the program you must register. The program is VPA.afl in the download section. Any suggestions or design help would be appreciated.

Barry