Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

BrianNC

Question About Brokers and NinjaTrader

Does anyone know of a broker(s) that allow you to open an account with just the margin you need to trade whatever you are going to trade, and also has the free version of NinjaTrader with Zen Fire feed?

I know Mirus has free NT with Zen Fire but you have to have a minimum of $2500 to open and account. Global allows you to open an account with just the minimum margin for whatever market you are trading, but they only have the paid version of NT and also no Zen Fire.

I'm not one of those people who think you need a lot of capital to trade, depending on your max draw down and how disciplined you are, I think $2,000 is plenty. Below that though and even I think you are pushing it. No matter what your style I think $2,000 per contracts is pretty barebones as far as a trading account goes. To each his own, my only advice is that with that small of an account you better have a very solid system and be very disciplined. Thats just my opinion. A lot of brokers require $2,000 to open an account, but they don't require $2,000 to be maintained in the account. Of course I don't know why on earth anyone would just have the minimum margin in their account. One tick in the red and you would probably be liquidated, and at the every least not be able to trade anymore when 1 loss is taken. That sounds like a recipe for disaster to me. My advice is save up the $2k.

Ninja is not free when you start to trade real money. It's only free while your sim. They do have some options available including one that allows you to pay around $200 every 3 months or so.

I don't want to sound preachy, but be careful. Trading is zero sum, you're trying to take my and many other peoples money and most people don't want to give it away easily. Be sure you are prepared. Good luck.

I'm not one of those people who think you need a lot of capital to trade, depending on your max draw down and how disciplined you are, I think $2,000 is plenty. Below that though and even I think you are pushing it. No matter what your style I think $2,000 per contracts is pretty barebones as far as a trading account goes. To each his own, my only advice is that with that small of an account you better have a very solid system and be very disciplined. Thats just my opinion. A lot of brokers require $2,000 to open an account, but they don't require $2,000 to be maintained in the account. Of course I don't know why on earth anyone would just have the minimum margin in their account. One tick in the red and you would probably be liquidated, and at the every least not be able to trade anymore when 1 loss is taken. That sounds like a recipe for disaster to me. My advice is save up the $2k.

Ninja is not free when you start to trade real money. It's only free while your sim. They do have some options available including one that allows you to pay around $200 every 3 months or so.

I don't want to sound preachy, but be careful. Trading is zero sum, you're trying to take my and many other peoples money and most people don't want to give it away easily. Be sure you are prepared. Good luck.

I knew there would be somebody that couldn't resist. :D