Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Frank

EasyLanguage Indicator -- How Long (in Min) 1500 Tick Bar Took to Complete

I am trying to create something similar to Average True Range... but instead of range it would compare ticks to time. ie, the last 14 tick bars took on average XX minutes.... it would use the time stamps of the bars and the number of bars.... doesn't 'seem' like this would be too hard -- but I don't know how to do such code...

can anyone help out?

I am trying to create something similar to Average True Range... but instead of range it would compare ticks to time. ie, the last 14 tick bars took on average XX minutes.... it would use the time stamps of the bars and the number of bars.... doesn't 'seem' like this would be too hard -- but I don't know how to do such code...

can anyone help out?

You can use this is a starting point.

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/f46/time-per-bar-1465.html

thanks,

someone sent me this fyi which seems to work for me:

-----------

if (BarType = 0) then begin { tick bars }

if date = date[1] then begin

value1 = (TimeToMinutes(time)-TimeToMinutes(time[1]));

if value1<=15 then plot1(value1,"tick time");

if value1>15 then plot2(15,"15");

plot3(5,"5");

end;

end;

attachment.php?attachmentid=9258&stc=1&d=1233163731

-----------

note, it maxes out for 15 minutes so that the chart doesn't skew entirely for globex session --- ie, it might take hours to complete a tick bar

btw, I was trying to target a 5-minute chart on ticks just as a benchmark to gauge 'activity' -- in terms of are ticks acting unusualy vs a 5-minute 'benchmark'...

TicktoMinutes.thumb.png.cb8cc9f734f813d596fb6a8d32dce141.png

Edited by Frank

I was just wondering you got this to sill work on OEC, i know this thread is a little old so dont know if you are even using anything like this anymore. Anyways, it doesnt seem to be working for me (on both volume and tick charts) . The attached screen shot shows 1,000 volume chart. Seems to be taking a cumulative calculation or something like that.

Any ideas?

2rpw5mh.png