Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

firewalker

Live Indices Trades

They are celebrating they got something correct! LOL

It has been happening the last few months, when data comes out better or in line with prediction, the market rally, as the worst has already been factored in and is correcting itself.

Posted this morning here:

"This is not an 'exhaustive selloff' and should break the lows easily."

Shame you have stopped posting your live trades....

This thread is mostly being used now for

Dax and Ftse posts..... Many Dow traders seem to have deserted the ship

Sideways channel now. Might be worth a short if it breaks below 280. Or maybe a long if it goes past 320?

agree, I am flat..

nearly got caught out a couple of times today...

although have not traded the Dow today ...yet...

Shame you have stopped posting your live trades....

This thread is mostly being used now for

Dax and Ftse posts..... Many Dow traders seem to have deserted the ship

I have been in the chatroom last two weeks, mainly posting my entries & exits there. It's been an interesting experience, as other trades have shared their thoughts and visions and potential 'hindrance' levels live.

I haven't abandoned ship, but since we've been sort of low on contributors lately, I figured why not see if others who might not be aware this room exists, are interested in participating here as well...

closed at 5470, hit target :) +70

You know I was just thinking that I should have run a Dax and ftse Contract trade alongside my cash ones... and just leave them...

always tomorrow...

Well done on that one...

You know I was just thinking that I should have run a Dax and ftse Contract trade alongside my cash ones... and just leave them...

always tomorrow...

Well done on that one...

Thanks. I have changed tactics slightly (you might have seen my post in the lounge) and using these contracts and just holding them till they hit target areas then close them. Working ok so far, made about 150pts this week :)

Do markets close in 30min?

My IB charts are cut-off there...

or at least they were, I just reloaded them and now they show up normal hours.

Not that I plan on putting on a trade now...

Half out 270, 285 stop on the rest.:)

Phil I did more or less exaclty that trade... 307 to 287...never had time to post as was limit entry when not at screen

Phil I did more or less exaclty that trade... 307 to 287...never had time to post as was limit entry when not at screen

Great minds think alike, eh?:\ Pity I scaled out, but no complaints about +55 after a few minutes! I have the same problem with posting, hence my lack of activity on this board recently. Just wish we could get some more recruits around here.

Great minds think alike, eh?:\ Pity I scaled out, but no complaints about +55 after a few minutes! I have the same problem with posting, hence my lack of activity on this board recently. Just wish we could get some more recruits around here.

Well we will have to show them with our pin point trading accuracy...

I am still going to do the cash trades that have worked so well this week...but I want to stick on 1 or 2 Contract trades to garner some +50's

infact they are the ones that I am more likely to post about..as in theory they are lower risk...over a longer period...

todays signal gave me one long and then earlier one short on the Dow...that I would now be thinking about closing..

The Dax would have been one long from near the start...that I would still have had open...even though we are 30+ off the highs....

Of course there trades always make more in the major market direction which is of course...still predominently down...

Cant see anythin to really recc. a rally this am...

dow futures on back foot... in low volume..

Oil over $146

General market indifference as no NY

Days like this tends to blow one way then the other in wider swings than normal as small positions move the market more than they normally would

They often end back where they started...Lets see.

Had I been awake early enough...

Contract short Dax and Ftse from the off...

then job in and out of the fall for a few cash trades the way to go

in the end only did the latter...

made +41 Ftse (3 trades) and +16 dax

getting fed up with low volume so might be done for the day...

see you all next week...I am done now

I made 647 points this week.Average per day was 129

.. happy with that especially as Monday was a net 8!

Next week more contract trades that I leave open

in addition of usual cash trades/scalps

My largest individual gain this week was 43

Want to improve on that.

see you all next week...I am done now

I made 647 points this week.Average per day was 129

.. happy with that especially as Monday was a net 8!

Next week more contract trades that I leave open

in addition of usual cash trades/scalps

My largest individual gain this week was 43

Want to improve on that.

That's really excellent, Foale. Keep scaling up and you'll be a zillionaire by Christmas.:applaud:

That's really excellent, Foale. Keep scaling up and you'll be a zillionaire by Christmas.:applaud:

LOL Deliberately keeping trade size small at the moment...although will increase it a bit next week....Still think in terms of points though..

and the addition of contract trades will add to my margin use also...

While there is considerable discretion for me in terms of cash trades...

try to keep with the smaller trend if not the bigger one..plus times of day I avoid...etc etc...

I want to be more mechanical with contract longer trades..( ie dont think too much...Signal-and -act)

To be clear I still only expect to have them 24 hours...or less..so long term relative... so perhaps up to 10 cash trades per day per index(ftse/dax) (5 for Dow)...and 1-2 Contract trades...

Goven I can really only look at 2 indexes at a time...tend to do ...ftse and dax 7-1...then switch over to Dax and Dow 2-7ish.. And I do take several hours break at differnt points during the day...in case you think I am screen staring for 12 hours per day..

Anyone else like to run through their methodology... basic set ups up etc...

Oh and lastly my smallest chart time frame....now 15 mins!!