Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

firewalker

Live Indices Trades

That was quite an upward spike, FW!

I wanted to short 440 from the beginning, but I was typing a post here (other thread) while we went up there. The spike was on ISM news... often good for a reversal entry imo.

out -15

Bloody hell firewalker,

What are you doing, I watched this one since I read your PM, your head is somewhere else today, you're not trading as usual.

That should have been a scratch at worst.

Bloody hell firewalker,

What are you doing, I watched this one since I read your PM, your head is somewhere else today, you're not trading as usual.

ehm... thanks, I think :)

seriously, it's good that a neutral observer tells me this! often they are better at spotting these things than I am myself

However, in this particular case, I think I just put my stop 5 points too close because I wanted to "go" for a an early entry(*). I'm still convinced that shorting 440-450 is the right thing to do though...

(*) reason being I have to leave in 20 minutes :roll eyes: which probably explains the haste in taking an entry I otherwise would've waited a bit longer for

Bloody hell firewalker,

Guess you were absolutely right... Glad I only lost 15 points on that.

That's me done for today!

Hey,

i apologise now as i haven't posted these live (been dealing with people moaning in the the office...)

Long from 1379.25, just as i'm typing, exit trager reached at 1385.25

The trade setup is what i call and pass through edge trade. Yesterday in I period of the profile we broke down forming new value in the market with a value high of 1381.25 and a value low of 1377.25 with the POC at 1379.25.

Market opened below value, traded up, but traded straight through the value area low, the poc and hit resistence at the value area high, traded back down to the POC being 1379.25, which was bought.

That people is my pass through setup, which i have found to be an extremely strong setup when they happen. Also the added benefit is, when you trade a retest of a POC and it fails, the POC faliure tends to set up and pass through setup, meaning you claim back your loss from the failed retest, plus the profits of the trade.

As for the exit of 1385.25 - The value area was 4 handels. 1381.25 plus 4 handels = 1385.25 - It's a measured move.

Total profit for the trade - +6 pts on ES

For some reason it won't let me share my charts, so i'll post a screen shot when i get time. Back to ungrateful clients for me :roll eyes:

Just another quicky on measure moves. Market never really makes more than three moves, normally get a reversal after two moves. So after 1385.25 look to see how the market reacts to 1389.25 area and 1393.25 area.

Kev.

Just another quicky :)

1389.25 is also the POC of the first value area of yesterday A through to H period. High probability trade to short off. Got my order sat waiting.

hmm.. it's the first time Crude Oil Inventories

is annotated as "Medium Impact Expected" instead of "Low" (on forexfactory calendar)

Shows you how out of date that is....

Hi 86834

... Be really good to have a bit of info on the Traders Spec area...

everyone else has revealed a few facts about themselves

at least it might explain what "Clients" mean....

I am assuming you are not an Estate Agent !

Hi 86834

... Be really good to have a bit of info on the Traders Spec area...

everyone else has revealed a few facts about themselves

at least it might explain what "Clients" mean....

I am assuming you are not an Estate Agent !

Thread on its way...

Well what do you want to know? ;)

Hi I see you are a professional futures trader interesting...

not a sit at home one like some of us.

Like many on here I only chatted to other on FW's little closed community thread on T2W and did not venture out into the big world of Public T2W threads... so got a few new people to get to know..now that we are all together on TL...

Cheers

David

PS what is AT?

missed my order by one tick, but its nice to see the value area of yesterday A-H with the poc around 1389 held nicely for a short. The exit target of 1382 has just been reached for round 6 - 7 pts profit on ES

Shame i didn't get filled, but at least i was right :)

Short Kospi 23405

stop: 23450

Sorry late post...

got out Kospi at 23300

Grabbed another short at 23340

stop: 23370

attachment.php?attachmentid=6918&stc=1&d=1212638616

Also in line with Nikkei rejection at 14360. Notice the selling pressure.

attachment.php?attachmentid=6919&stc=1&d=1212638690

retracekospi.jpg.09067cb40b8ffb55ee1298a33242b5bb.jpg

nikkeirejection.jpg.08c39e09025031c7a84bd6a369defa32.jpg

Sorry late post...

got out Kospi at 23300

Grabbed another short at 23340

stop: 23370

crap keep forgetting to post.

took a small loss on that one at 23365. Flipped went long at 23365.

out half at 23395. stop b/e