Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

treadstone

Infinity AT trade performance analysis?

Hi guys,

Every day I save my trades from the InfinityAT platform to the hard drive in .csv format. This means I can open them in a spreadsheet program (excel, openoffice).

This is a nice feature and all, but the problem is I trade far too many round turns to make any sense of all the data.

What I want to know is whether anyone knows how to turn this raw data into some kind of summary, ala ninjatrader's performance analysis tab;

TradePerformanceAnal_LG.jpg

I don't need anything remotely that complicated in terms of performance analysis, but a summary of the number of trades, percentage profitable, etc would be obviously very useful.

I'm surprised Infinity don't offer this kind of script built into the software. Has anyone else found a solution to my question?

P.S. The reason I've posted this here is the forum subsection is sponsored by Infinity AT.

Thanks in advance

Be aware that the simulator and the real trade is different using Infinity AT. Order in the simulator are easily got filled, and you can easily make money. In my experience, it will be a new learning curve from the transition from simulator to real money. The filled and the slippage especially.

Thanks for your concern beginner, but I've already been trading a real account with Infinity for months. My experience with them has been very positive.

Anyone got a suggestion or solution to the original post?

Thank you again

If it's not possible with their platform you can only go looking for a third party tool or put something yourself together with excel or have someone write a piece of software for you.

I tried to spin my own tool for my old broker, got pretty far but ran into some problems.

I suppose the data you get is opening of a position, price entered, instrument, number of lots and close of position, price exited, instrument, number of lots.

What you'd need to add manually is the $point value per instrument and comes the difficult part. If you always have only one trade on and your money management strategy doesn't include partial profit taking all is fine and dandy. If not, it's hard to tell which lot belongs to which trade especially if you have more than one trade per instrument on at a time.

Gross profit/loss should be easy to calculate with an excel though.

Hope you can find some tool or at least make infinity aware of what is lacking in their software.

Another a bit drastic measure would be to switch to NT, guess it's free for trading Infinity anyway.

Good luck

I'm surprised Infinity does not offer something so simple in their platform. Open ECry has something like you are looking for, fyi. I would actually like more, but we'll see if TraderDNA can get off their butts and get it done...

Thanks for the fast replies chaps. :)

I too am surprised there isn't a summary tab built into InfinityAT to achieve what I'm asking for.

The only other option as Sparrow suggested is to write a 3rd party piece of software which I can import the .csv data into and calculate a summary from, similar to ninjatrader. But that's quite alot of hassle for something so simple.

I could switch to NT but I really like InfinityAT.

I highly doubt Infinity will make any changes to the software if just one client wants the performance summary, but if there's any other Infinity customers here who would like this functionality, maybe we could form some kind of petition. Strength in numbers and all that.

treadstone

Stone - that is one thing I love about Open ECry - they do in fact listen to their customers and take all suggestions into consideration. And sometimes even if it's just ONE client. I am speaking from personal experience. Hard to beat that in my opinion.

Hi treadstone,

If they have a board mention it there, maybe people will pile on your request and they'll implement it. Shouldn't take up a huge slice of their development budget, key would be to get it near the top of their priority list, since it's no big help if something so fairly simple but so useful gets done within a year.

Start the riot!:fight: