Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

newbietrader

Trading Zoo a BIG Scam

Came across this website http://tradingzoo.com/ and I remembered there was a heated discussion here on TL a while back when I used to lurk around.

It turns out these guys are 100% nothing but scam artists. I had a buddy of mine take the class for 1 month and he mentioned it was the worst trading room he had ever attended and obvious the room mods and traders were paper trading.

WARNING: Do not subscribe to the Trading Zoo. The track record shown are complete crap. Some of the trades and times they post do not match at all. What a bunch of idiots.

Perhaps TL should dedicate a thread for scam sites?

So your buddy forked over 7k and quit after one month ?

I have heard from two members who are happy with the method. And no, they didn't try to convince me to join the Zoo .:o

I know that there are long bashing threads on ET and Mypivots.com.

But - if I had to guess, I'd say that 95% of the posters never even once entered the room, and then there are those who expect the holy grail and will always be disappointed.

There is a "whole lotta scamming" going on in the trading scene, no doubt about it, but one also has to be aware that there are perhaps as many posters who are on a mission to bash as there are shills on the internet.

BTW - nice spike there on the ES. Thank God I'm only a sim trader :haha:

The problem is Mars that the majority rules and the majority of vendors out there are junk, including Trading Zoo. We asked for verifiable proof of their awesome performance numbers and it turned into a bashing contest. They quickly ran the other way when simply asked to prove the numbers they post on their site.

So, yes, Trading Zoo is junk and provides no value to a trader wanting to become an independent, profitable trader.

As for this ES spike, if you are saying 'thank God', you are really, really missing a prime trading time. This only happens 4 times a year and if you are quick, it can be a gift from the trading gods.

;)

Brownsfan,

I agree that it would be nice to see verifiable proof by a vendor...but - have you ever seen one single vendor show his account statements to the public ? I must say I haven't.

Regarding the down spike - yup, if one is a good trader, these are the moments...a trading buddy of mine went long heavily from 1500 and kept on adding on the way down - I guess I would have goofed up, too somewhere on the way down :embarassed:.

Don't believe any of these bashers. They have no first hand knowledge. Through all the ranting and raving from the likes of brownsfan and others, the fact remains that not one single longstanding member as ever publicly voiced anything negative about it.

Newbietrader--have your friend come here and tell us directly about his experience.

brownsfan--you have a long documented history of zoo hating which only got worse when a few emails in which Soultrader told the Zoo he wasn't pleased with you Zoo bashing here started to float around the forums. I happened to see a few and there's no doubrt about the dialogue between James and them. That must have stung a bit, hey?

There was a zoo member who sent his trading statements to some joker named pitbulltrader on ET who became conspicuously silent after he received them.

I don't know much about the Zoo, but until a few people who spent their money come forward and explain why it's a scam or junk--and submit themselves to scrutiny by other members to validate their claims (no bash shills) I am not going to believe one word by the naysayers that smear them.

So, it looks as though James has allowed this crap to creep back into his forum or he's taking a vacation. In any case, let's hope he deletes this garbage OR allows members to openly express their opinions about vendors without censorship. I vote for the former. Vendor chit chat is not helpful to the learning experience especially when the posters deal in innuendo and heresay instead of facts from first hand knowledge.

Im leaving this thread on to protect TL members. I have evidence which I can not disclose here of their unethical business practices. Please dont ask what as I will not disclose any further information.

With all due respect James, if you're not prepared to back up your statements, why bother. You just go into the same category as the others. Anyone can post things like that and then hide behind a self imposed gag order. You made a strong remark and you should support it. If not, don't make it. Talk about a tease!

How do you think this protects ET members anyway? All the other forums have run these types of threads on and off for years. It's really old news (or rumour I should say). Since I'm not a principal to this matter, I'll bow out. I've made my point whether or not anyone else agrees.

Maybe a few of the TL people who were alleged to have joined the Zoo will come forward and share their feelings--those that sent $6000, not the jaded or jilted.

Don't believe any of these bashers. They have no first hand knowledge. Through all the ranting and raving from the likes of brownsfan and others, the fact remains that not one single longstanding member as ever publicly voiced anything negative about it.

Really? B/c check out some of the elitetrader threads.

Also, where are all the zoo lovers? There doesn't seem to be many of them either... hmm....

Newbietrader--have your friend come here and tell us directly about his experience.

brownsfan--you have a long documented history of zoo hating which only got worse when a few emails in which Soultrader told the Zoo he wasn't pleased with you Zoo bashing here started to float around the forums. I happened to see a few and there's no doubrt about the dialogue between James and them. That must have stung a bit, hey?

Nope, not all smarty. If you knew what was REALLY going on, you'd understand. Go back to your shepherd.

There was a zoo member who sent his trading statements to some joker named pitbulltrader on ET who became conspicuously silent after he received them.

If I recall that thread, the zoo 'member' made it clear that he did NOT follow the Zoo's trades, he has his own method that used SOME of the Zoo methods. So, once again, it's of no use b/c it was not being followed verbatim.

I don't know much about the Zoo, but until a few people who spent their money come forward and explain why it's a scam or junk--and submit themselves to scrutiny by other members to validate their claims (no bash shills) I am not going to believe one word by the naysayers that smear them.

You don't have to believe. If you want to think all vendors are just great people trying to help others, by all means, have at it. Some of us however will think differently.

So, it looks as though James has allowed this crap to creep back into his forum or he's taking a vacation. In any case, let's hope he deletes this garbage OR allows members to openly express their opinions about vendors without censorship. I vote for the former. Vendor chit chat is not helpful to the learning experience especially when the posters deal in innuendo and heresay instead of facts from first hand knowledge.

You are dealing with 'heresay' as well carc! You claim to have no affiliation with the Zoo, yet here you are defending them.... Hmmmm.... So, you want facts, yet present NONE to show what a great place the Zoo is.

Ironic.

If the Zoo really is a great place, why have there NEVER been ANY people in ANY of the forums (outside of the shills themselves) telling us about how great this place is?

WHAT? I can't hear you.

I'll repeat - WHY HAVE THERE BEEN A TOTAL OF ZERO SUPPORTERS OF THE ZOO SHOW UP HERE TO DEFEND THEIR HONOR?

If you want to continue the free spamming, so be it.

It's obvious where your true intentions lie. I suggest heading back to the shepherd and see what MB instructs you to do next. While there, ask MB to stop by and provide some real proof that he actually trades and actually makes money. That's ALL I am asking for. Should take a whole 10 minutes to upload the PDF's after blurring account info out.

Maybe a few of the TL people who were alleged to have joined the Zoo will come forward and share their feelings--those that sent $6000, not the jaded or jilted.

You are assuming that some here actually spent money on that garbage.

Let's see how many regular posters on TL come out and give us their review.

And those that created a screenanme and have a total of 1 or 2 posts should not bother. We are not looking for trading zoo shills that have been lying in the weeds.

I can fully back it up. But it is not appropiate to diclose such matter publicly. I also care less about them to put in any further time discussing their practices and credibility.

Your comments appear as if you are affiliated with them.