Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

james_gsx

I got in a fight

This is the first fight I ever got in. Right now I'm pretty shaken up, and I just got home from the hospital. I won't go into details of how it started and who it was with because I'd like to keep that private. But he hit me in the side of the face with a glass full of wine. I just somehow got in a position where he couldn't move and started punching him as hard as I could. I went to the hospital for stitches and his face is pretty swollen.

I feel like shit now, my face hurts and my eye is blurry. The guy was a great guy too, oh well. :(

fight1.jpg

fight2.jpg

I'm lucky none of the glass went into my eye.

I started swing trading futures tonight too. Being the good money manager I am I made sure to close out all my positions before I went to the hospital. I almost passed out doing it too lol I came home and my gains would have been even better, so I was kind of pissed. But at least I made money!

Very lucky you didn't get glass in your eyes. Be really carefull with fights, never assume people fight clean. If I was in a fight I wouldn't fight clean. I'd knock out a knee cap or gouge eyes, or go for a guys balls in a second. You never know if they have a knife or worse!

Good to hear you're ok, relatively speaking. Remember the best form of self defence it to not get into fights!

Take it easy for a while mate.

It was domestic violence incident, and he was holding onto my collar. I told him to let go and he wouldn't he would just pull harder. So I somehow got a huge rush of adrenaline and threw him into the wall and pinned him. That's when he hit me in the side of the face, after that I just started punching hard. Last I saw him the entire left side of his face was swollen and he couldn't open his eye.

It's really sad though, because I respect that guy a lot and he's done more for me than anyone. But people change when they're drunk.

Glad to hear you are ok man... hope you dont have this type of incident any more, some peolple have fire arms and unfortunately you could get stupidly killed on this type of situations.. now funny thing, your face looks like some stops I taked on Russell when I started trading jejejej.... get well ¡¡¡ cheers Walter.

guess it was a bad question, hitting anyone with a wine glass automatically makes that person a complete bitch -- and therefore that person cannot win. beer bottle is arguable -- wine glass is pretty clear-cut.

winner due to 'closed-eye stoppage' -- james_gsx.

James - first, good to hear you are ok.

Second, I don't know where this might head for you, but writing about it on the internet could bit you in the ass later... Just be careful what you are writing about an incident that just happened on the internet. You may want consider asking James to take this thread down for your safety. The incident is just too fresh for there to be easy info out there about you.

Just my 2 cents.

Side note, glad that you took care of biz. ;)

James - first, good to hear you are ok.

Second, I don't know where this might head for you, but writing about it on the internet could bit you in the ass later... Just be careful what you are writing about an incident that just happened on the internet. You may want consider asking James to take this thread down for your safety. The incident is just too fresh for there to be easy info out there about you.

Just my 2 cents.

Side note, glad that you took care of biz. ;)

James,

I would second Brownsfan's opinion on that.