Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Dogpile

VWAP wtf?

Trying to figure out something I noticed.

How can ES.D be building higher VWAP and SPY be building lower VWAP on the same day?? Note, the lowest ES.D VWAP today is higher than at any VWAP point yesterday. The highest SPY VWAP today is LOWER than the lowest VWAP point yesterday?

confused how this could be?

QQQQ vs @NQ.D VWAP is consistent

IWM vs @ER2.d VWAP is consistent

SPY is off, wtf?

5aa70e06f1388_VWAPSPYvsVWAPES.D.thumb.png.c6bd7ae615b2d7c2baca42bf5fd2cc0a.png

Ohhhh, it's all those short positions I put on the SPY this morning at the open...forgot about that. I sold like 12 million shares at the bell.....:eek:

Just kidding...yea, that is weird, my SPY chart against ES look exactly the same as yours, so I dunno whats going on.

Since VWAP starts at 0 at the start of each day, your issue is with the price part of VWAP and therefore the gap difference between SPY and ES. Wouldn't being zero'd out at the start of the day mean that terms like "higher" and "lower" are relevant only within that day and not across days?

forget the VWAP part of it -- really irrelevant -- that was just the first thing I noticed....

I don't get the price differences... they line up every day but today on my data feed (Tradestation).every time there is a higher high or a lower low, they both do it together, except for today.

they are consistent relative to their intraday VWAPs.