Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

james_gsx

Went to my first seminar

I went to my first trading seminar today, only because it covered options and futures/currencies. I was a little cautious at first that they would treat me like I had no idea what I was doing and they would try to sell me stupid stuff. But I was pleasantly surprised, I really enjoyed it. Granted most of it was review for me, it was good to hear some new things from experienced traders.

The Market Guys and Dan Gramza were there, I had the opportunity to talk to Gramza for about 30-45 minutes during one of the seminar sessions that I skipped out on (I figured the opportunity to talk to him was better than learning about TA lol). We talked about discipline, and overall market psychology and how I could myself in the world of hedge funds. He told me that a big stage from moving from an amateur trader to a professional is when you stop discussing your setups and focus more on your psychology and discipline. I immediately thought of this site and realized how great it was, anyways it was a cool event. Overall the event confirmed that I definitely want to stick to trading as my career.

Oh and I got a new futures trading platform from E-Trade (it's a long story) and so far it blows. I can't figure out how to get market internals and it's a pain in the ass to customize everything. Even entering orders is difficult, but oh well.

Screw that, I just opened up a Trade Station account instead. After 4 hours of not being able to figure out their software and the fact that they transfered us to three countries yesterday while trying to transfer money... I can say that E-Trade is just not worth it.

I'm happy :)

Good for you James. Glad things are clearing up for you and hopefully you're moving in the right direction.

I used to trade with Eek-Trade with stocks. Never was impressed with their software. Too much limitations compared to other competitors.

Thanks Torero, I am a bit nervous but I know once I start trading I'll be fine.

I never used E-trades powertrade, I tried it a few times but hated it so I just traded from their website. It never really mattered since I was swing trading and investing most of the time.

Does anyone know where to find the "Trading in the Eye of the Storm" Webinar? Gramza was telling me to check it out and I can't seem to find it..

Thanks Torero, I am a bit nervous but I know once I start trading I'll be fine.

I never used E-trades powertrade, I tried it a few times but hated it so I just traded from their website. It never really mattered since I was swing trading and investing most of the time.

Does anyone know where to find the "Trading in the Eye of the Storm" Webinar? Gramza was telling me to check it out and I can't seem to find it..

They used to have it on the cme webpage. I believe they took it off for some reason. It basically dealt with mental calmness and mental preperation for trading. Dan showed some visualization techniques. He is definitely the calm giant... should be a hypnotist if he ever decides to leave finance.