Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Soultrader

New Forum Idea... Intermarket Analysis?

What do you guys think about opening up a new forum dedicated for Intermarket Analysis? Basically dicuss various correlations in global markets whether it be stocks, commodities, futures, etc...

Like how the semiconductors act in the US tends to affect the semi sector in Taiwan.. or how the Asian markets tend to rely on the US, etc...

Index futures vs bonds, currency vs gold, etc...

You think it will be active?

It's something that interests me. I keep an eye on global stock index futures, oil, currency and interest rate futures and it's easy to see how markets often react together. I doubt there would be much activity in the forum though because most posters here are pure chartists. Maybe a single thread in one of the existing forums would be better?

It's something that interests me. I keep an eye on global stock index futures, oil, currency and interest rate futures and it's easy to see how markets often react together. I doubt there would be much activity in the forum though because most posters here are pure chartists. Maybe a single thread in one of the existing forums would be better?

That would be an idea also... but I want to get traders to become more aware of the impact on global markets. Its definitely something more experienced traders will be informed about. New traders tend to get too caught up in whats happening in their market only and tend to dig for opportunities forcefully leading to poor setups and overtrading. It might be a good idea to get traders to expand their view of the markets and not limit themselves to trading just one particular area. The only reason I say this is because not until recently... I did not expand into various markets. But now that I am keeping an eye on various markets, my view of trading has changed tremendously. I'll wait and see if we can get more interest. Fixed income, interest rate futures, etc... is definitely not my area of expertise so would love to read about them.

I'd be an watchful observer of the forum area if it was active. I am one of those 'chartists' that notouch referenced so I don't use or pay attention to anything other than my ES chart. It would be interesting to read about global economics though, esp since we have a global trading population here. Someone is going to have to take the lead to get the interest going though in my opinion.

I read a quote on ET that said - "If you don't understand the global economy you don't understand the economy"

The way everything is going I think this is very true, we can't pay attention to only the US anymore. So I think a forum dedicated to stuff like that would be extremely beneficial, especially in the coming years. Also, if you can find strong correlations that no one else sees that could give you a huge edge.

In the book Pit Bull Marty talks about the correlation he found between I believe T-Bills and the ES, and he made a killing on it.

Its a good idea if ppl have the time to keep updating it. Here in Aus I always see a very large correlation between our stock markets and commodity prices especially metals such as nickel, copper, gold, and zinc.

I think this would be an interesting idea.

Does anyone know of a free correlation matrix for major asset classes? I know I have checked one out before but I don't recall if it was online or if it was in Murphy's Intermarket book.