Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

walterw

Respect and Content

About this Joe Ross issue... it may be him it may be other, also happened with our psicologist... they all deserve respect... calling spammer someone who is not spamming is unrespectfull... so respect I believe will keep this forum on good mood...

I know some of you have an aversion to "vendors"... well dont buy them nothing, but if they want to freely share some content, let them come, it want hurt anybody... did Irushing, tradingdoc, khurramnaik hurt us ? NO... they give input and if they are bringing nice interesting content let them share what they have to share... now trashing and being unrespectfull I dont believe its sinonimous of freedom... Forums can get very wild if there is no restriction for this type of conduct... So Why not get relaxed and hear what this people have to share ? why not being humble and hear their thoughts ? then make your own conclusions positive or negative... this aversion to them its not a civilized conduct... and obviously this forum is diferent to other forums in cleaning that type of intolerable conduct...

thats my opinion... cheers Walter.

Guest cooter
did Irushing, tradingdoc, khurramnaik hurt us ?

No comment.

My post in that thread was deleted and I have no idea why. I wrote nothing about Joe Ross or even mentioned his name in my post! My post was simply answering one of the questions in his original post as to why some people who know their stuff don't have the guts to actually put down a real trade....my reply was some people who don't have the guts to put down a trade but are profficient should become trading coaches instead. I can't see how this is inflamatory, offensive, or disrespectfull to anyone, therefore I can't see why my post was deleted!

I have to agree with Tingull and Walterw on the fact that just because he's famous or has a service or product to sell, you cannot judge him on that but on the content he provides. Just like trading, trade what you see not what you think or assume. The content is what matters, if it's blatant promotion of their products or services, they deserve to be deleted. But if they post relevant content without promotion, I don't see anything wrong with that. Once they start doing that, then we take action. You can't judge a person on the things he hasn't committed yet. I know those of you already anticipate their actions but please don't act until it happens. I don't take a reversal until I get evidence or confirmation else I assume the trend is valid. Please likewise use this rule to judge others. Someone's guilty before proven innocent?

As for the deletions, I have no idea what the posts were so I cannot comment on these.

The purpose of the site is the maintain relevant information without overly commercial or negative overtones. There is a fine line. But take things at face value and if there is evidence anyone is spamming, then report it and we'll take action. Simple as that.

Thank you very much for starting this thread Walter. I too agree to the full extent with respect for anyone who comes on board the forum. Even if a trader offers services and products, as long as the person is not openly solicitating his services on the posts they all deserve respect. Regarding partners on our site, I have not been charging advertising fees at all. I have invited the partners on board to add value to the site from an educational perspective. The responses regarding Joe Ross' posts was clearly unappropiate and I am responsible for deleting all replies. Nick, I had to delete yours too because it was a continuation of the previous post and it was just ackward leaving your post in. My apologies if this offended you. As a matter of fact, I left a deletion note with all the posts but apparently they did not appear. This is probably one of the bugs in our new system we are creating for the forum and affected the current site. My apologies on this again.

I have tried my best to make this place comfortable for all traders and an atmosphere where traders can respect each other to the fullest extent. And I am very happy with the way things are and would like to keep it this way. I have seen too many forums lose its integrity due to disrespect and trash talk. In any case, if trash talking is the preference of any member I urge you to visit the other forums as they seem to tolerate these behavior.

I also try my best to keep this place extremely clean from spam and junk and to maintain a Quality environment. I am very thankful for having an excellent group of moderators and registered traders who have helped me in many ways. One thought I have regarding the recent Joe Ross incident is that by allowing unappropiate comments, it creates an atmosphere where this becomes the norm. So in my opinion the best thing to do is to squash it before it spreads. I hope traders can respect my view on this and if there is any comment regarding this, please get a hold of me through pm or email and I will do my best to make things as comfortable as possible while maintaining the core philosophy of the forum.

Thank you.