Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Ingot54

The Work of Timothy Ferriss ... and Other Goodies

Do you believe in serendipity - the fortuitous windfall or good luck that came to you unexpectedly, while you were busy searching for something else?

I do, because it has happened to me. :)

It happened again this week, as I was reading one of Tim Racette's responses to a newbie trader looking for help with the eMini's.

Tim casually mentioned Timothy Ferriss like this:

There's a great audio book out called the 4-hr work week by Timothy Ferris it goes through the process of creating passive income' date=' a business that puts money in your pocket whether you are there working or not.

For some people THIS is what they really want. A passive income stream that allows them to be financially free and independent from a job. If you can create a passive income stream that covers your living expenses and lifestyle, you then have the freedom to do what you wish and explore other business ventures such as trading.[/quote']

There is more than just an audio book - there is a book too - and not expensive, though the hardcover package is a bit steep. You don't need to get it though - the blog is our focus.

I have paraphrased to exclude the eMini stuff in Tim's post, to focus on the book/blog idea, because frankly I think the work of Timothy Ferriss deserves to be brought to the attention of EVERYONE.

I know the forum has rules regarding links to other places, but I don't think it applies to useful information like this. There would be a commercial benefit for Ferriss if you decided to purchase his book, but you can read his Blog for free.

And I promise you, you will not be able to view life quite the same, ever again.

Before I give the Blog link, I would like to encourage you NOT to take the Blog at face value ... read the first page, and then have another look around at his daily entries. Particularly I would direct you to read:

Engineering a “Muse” – Volume 3: Case Studies of Successful Cash-Flow Businesses

Note that the current version he is working on is Volume 3. Go look for versions 1 and 2, because this is a journey.

Here is the link:

http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog/

Finally, I would encourage you to discuss your findings and ideas.

Then, as we go along, can you also post in this thread some of the other great sites that would be equally useful and beneficial to Trading Laboratory members.

If it contravenes forum rules, we can simply ask members to Google for the sites, using enough key words to identify the sites. I think we are in the clear with this though, because there is no conflict of interest. Please keep links to commercial products in line with forum guidelines - not usually allowed.

My wife and I are committed to read one or two of his Blogs every morning, until we catch up with all that he is saying.

I am liberated!! :)